All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andys Restorations in Kurnell - Sydney
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:33 pm 
Long-time RX-addict

Edited:

After having dealings with Andys Restorations over a 3 year period I must say the end result was stunning and would recommend them without hesitation. However make sure you are well cashed up before you go, their chargeout rate was $90 an hour or $3600 a week + materials.

Last edited by mazgal on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:27 pm 
Dr Wankel Himself

I'd suggest going down and having a look at their work. I live in the next suburb (Miranda) so i'd be interested to know what they're like. It'd be nice to get my 7 done close to home so i could drop by and keep an eye on what they were doing!

What's their address?

Get an instant quote by clicking the link above and compare before you book!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:48 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

Andy's Restorations, 9 Erskine Road Caringbah 2229 Ph:02 9524 8899

they do great work but more into Rods hes been around for years late 80s im sure :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:20 pm 
Long-time RX-addict

hotrod owners tend to have way deeper pockets than the majority of four or rotary owners, not to mention a lot of them would be older and less likely to put up with or pay out for shoddy work - plus your have to ask yourself, how many hotrods have you seen with crap paint :?:

im just trying to avoid a fantastic looking car with doors that look like ski slopes side on (like all too many "show cars"), paint that starts to bubble out in places in a couple of years, painters that wont guarantee their work, and the current "in" place for getting a car done thats more focused on getting the numbers in and out of their shop.

Well thats just my thoughts anyhow - but a word from anyone whos had anything to do with them would be appreciated.

At the end of the day im not interested in having the fastest car, but I have all the new panels and the body shell to have one of the very best looking ones :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 am 
The Bug Has Bitten

mazgal wrote:
hotrod owners tend to have way deeper pockets than the majority of four or rotary owners, not to mention a lot of them would be older and less likely to put up with or pay out for shoddy work - plus your have to ask yourself, how many hotrods have you seen with crap paint :?:

Andy's work is GREAT, but dont expect much change from at least $10K. Last time I was there he was showing me a few rods in his shop, saying he's had jobs costing over $60K :shock:
But he's definately the guy to see for a top job. I believe he's done a few of the PPG display cars, and they wouldnt let just anyone paint for them, would they?

Mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:41 pm 
Boost Me Up

Go to a car show and look at some cars and find out who painted them.

By car show i don't mean autosalon either.

and yes, the 2 so called "GUN" places in Sydney for paint, have not impressed me one little bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:57 pm 
Get a Girlfriend

Long time no speak mazgal.
I will send off a pm.

Post subject: bodywork
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:30 am 
Weekend Cruiser

they berlina bodyworks i did work experience there back in 1990.very fussy on the jobs and the warehouse was cleaner then a hospital.There always ferrari,mercs,bms you name it.They did my rx2 back then no bog lead wiped i still have some pics of his work that he did onm my car when i paint strip you could see how bad it was and then repaired file finish to good .dont know if they restore now but you only ask they are localed on parramatta rd petersham.good luck

cheers carlo

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:24 pm 
Registered Rotor User

hi everyone

Go and have a chat to rob and steve at http://www.bellevuebodyworks.com.au
Iv had my rx3 and my lj torana done by them , tops blokes and thay do what u want, no bullsh-t no fuss
TOP work allround

BIG-D....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:13 am 
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

hey rach

i have been to see andy a few times jst with quotes etc, he was pretty expensive as see my seven said dont expect much change outta 10k coz that what i got quoted for my old ser2, but the work in his shop was unbelievble the detail and work that went into them was amzing, and as u spoke to him he is a great guy and is really willing to help alot but u may also want to ask hw long it will take him since he said 3-4 months for me

hey lukus u miranda?? wha car u drive?? im in cronulla

cheers Trav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:18 pm 
Weekend Cruiser

BIG-D wrote:
hi everyone

Go and have a chat to rob and steve at http://www.bellevuebodyworks.com.au
Iv had my rx3 and my lj torana done by them , tops blokes and thay do what u want, no bullsh-t no fuss
TOP work allround

BIG-D....

Rob & Steve are perfectionists at their work.

Rob owns a gorgeous RX3 and prides on being a rotary owner as the rest of the boys are into other cars. They never stop giving him a hard time. ;)

Also a good laugh when you get to know them and worth visiting them to see their operation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm 
Long-time RX-addict

Thanks everyone for the feedback about Andys - Ill be going to see him when I get a day off. As for that other place im not interested.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:42 pm 
Dr Wankel Himself

Trav wrote:
hey rach

i have been to see andy a few times jst with quotes etc, he was pretty expensive as see my seven said dont expect much change outta 10k coz that what i got quoted for my old ser2, but the work in his shop was unbelievble the detail and work that went into them was amzing, and as u spoke to him he is a great guy and is really willing to help alot but u may also want to ask hw long it will take him since he said 3-4 months for me

hey lukus u miranda?? wha car u drive?? im in cronulla

cheers Trav

Yep, moved to Miranda in January. I drive a red S3 RX-7, but it hasn't seen the road around here yet. Tucked up in the garage atm. I've probably seen yours around! Seen a few 7's in the area. There's a nice white SP that gets around. He goes to Sylvania Fitness First. I drool everytime i see it :D

Get an instant quote by clicking the link above and compare before you book!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:47 pm 
Rebuild Time

My mates dad works for Andys and this old bloke is top notch. Mates XY GT just came out of there, work is unbelieveable, attention to detail is perfect.

Post subject: Re: Andys Restorations in Carringbah - Sydney
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:23 pm 
Spitting Seals

I highly recommend Andy’s if anyone is considering having their car restored or repaired. Andy is a likeable character with great communication skills and attention to detail.

Andy definitely puts customer satisfaction first and will go that extra yard to ensure work is well finished.

In addition, the company has in house fabrication skills to replace or repair damaged panels and chassis.