All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Information in this forum is not guaranteed to be complete or correct. If you are able to provide additional information or corrections, please reply in the topic concerned or send a private message to the topic originator.

Post subject: Re: Mazda R100 1968- 1973 m10a
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:29 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Nice post!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:28 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Hi all ,
New to forum not sure if posting in right area but have a quick question , looking at purchasing a rolling shell r100. It has no id plates and the vin area is raised. The vin is m10a-315**. Checking if anyone knows the year and if it could be a fake. Will be pouring a lot of money into it so don't want to be stuck doing up a 1200 coupe that's been dodgied up. It has all the original stuff except steering wheel. Havent had a rotor for about 15 years so keen to get another going. Any info would be appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 pm 
Administrator

As with the RX-3 and 1st gen RX-7 model reference thread, I've gone through archive.org and managed to pull links to cached versions of every dead imageshack link in this thread and edit the original posts so that the images work properly again. This thread is now back to its former glory and you can see all the brochure, road test scans etc. You're welcome :P

When I get around to it, I plan to do this for all the reference threads :bounce2:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:11 am 
Boost Me Up

KYPREO wrote:
As with the RX-3 and 1st gen RX-7 model reference thread, I've gone through archive.org and managed to pull links to cached versions of every dead imageshack link in this thread and edit the original posts so that the images work properly again. This thread is now back to its former glory and you can see all the brochure, road test scans etc. You're welcome :P

When I get around to it, I plan to do this for all the reference threads :bounce2:

Awesome work pal :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 am 
Get a Life

KYPREO wrote:

Nice one man, just on the weekend me and my cuz where commenting its a shame all the links in these old threads are dead.

I'm trying to get pix and info on OG Mazda colours and this forum used to be prime, now most the links and pix are gone :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 am 
Administrator

No problem. I'm glad it was worth the effort!

To save you time waiting for me to update links (I'll to do it as I come across stuff), you can check yourself whether a particular topic has been cached.

Paste the link into the Wayback Machine at www.archive.org and browse away. Any cache before around 2014 will probably still have the images in them. It was in around 2015 that Imageshack deleted their entire database and fucked over everyone at pretty much every forum. I was looking at build logs at rx7club.com the other day and same thing.

Sometimes, where we have moved topics, the URL will have changed as the forum software assigned a forum number to the URL of every topic. You can find the date where the topic was posted and go the main archived index of www.ausrotary.com and try to navigate to the topic or manually change the URL to the correct forum number, but that's a lot trickier.

Unfortunately, anything available only to registered users will not be cached. That means all of members rides section. :cry: But pretty much all of the tech reference and model reference stuff is there. Same with the memorabilia section. All those old brochures etc are cached. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 pm 
Get a Life

RickieX III wrote:
Colours of Interest :o :wink:
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Is there a way of making these bigger Greg?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:18 pm 
Administrator

No unfortunately archive.org didn't cache the large versions - only the thumbnails. However, Richie posted some of the same images (including 1970-1 colours) in the RX-3 thread, which I was able to recover yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=210204&p=2554096#p2554096

Also he semi-regularly checks the forum, so he might be able to repost them (hopefully)?