All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Information in this forum is not guaranteed to be complete or correct. If you are able to provide additional information or corrections, please reply in the topic concerned or send a private message to the topic originator.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mazda RX-3 (1971-1977) photos from sales brochures
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:00 pm 
Registered Rotor User

original japanese spec sales brochures

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mazda RX-3 (1971-1977)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:37 pm 
Post Whore

Was Sealike Blue a 808 colour or was it a option on rx3s aswell?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 am 
Rotor Junkie

Added in some original Australian market sales brochure scans. More to come.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 pm 
Rotor Junkie

Why is it that there's no thread covering the RX-4? I'm looking for info and can't find anything on here at all.

Keith :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:04 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

keithrx3c@hotmail.com wrote:
Why is it that there's no thread covering the RX-4? I'm looking for info and can't find anything on here at all.

Looks like it is time for you to start one :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 pm 
Rotor Junkie

If I knew anything about RX-4's I would. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 am 
Get a Life

Savanna RX3 GSII wrote:
keithrx3c@hotmail.com wrote:

Looks like it is time for you to start one :lol: :lol:

Been thinking about this for a while Keith???

I think i collate some more of my info and start one soon :wink: (thats why i am reading this thread for directions on layout)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:09 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

So when did Mazda stop making all the parts for the RX3, or did they keep going with some parts that where on more demand. Also where some parts stopped being made when they finished in 1977, for example air cleaner brackets or exhaust heat sheilds or even the carpet.

Also is it true that some RX7 parts fit RX3 but have different part numbers.

I hope this is in the correct post, or should it be in the restoration section?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

Savanna RX3 GSII wrote:
So when did Mazda stop making all the parts for the RX3, or did they keep going with some parts that where on more demand. Also where some parts stopped being made when they finished in 1977, for example air cleaner brackets or exhaust heat sheilds or even the carpet.

Also is it true that some RX7 parts fit RX3 but have different part numbers.

I hope this is in the correct post, or should it be in the restoration section?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

must be 1 of 3

1/ either i have asked questions that no-one knows
2/ these questions have been answered before
3/ i must be a dumb F___

Please reply with true answer :-" :-"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 am 
Rotor Junkie

There is no simple answer for that question. Different parts stop being made when the order demand for them stops. Certain parts are known in the trade as "high moving parts" and these usually include front and, to a lesser extent, rear end parts, as they commonly require replacement after an accident, as well as parts that commonly fail in normal usage conditions. Some slow moving parts might finish production, but have stock languishing on the shelves for years before they sell out. But, your example of the air cleaner bracket was probably never sold aftermarket. I can't think of a single instance that would have involved needing one before restoration became a real part of the car's life, many years after they were built. Mazda just wouldn't have kept them in production. I would suggest that the only stock of a part like that that made it to the spare parts shelf would have been regular production parts left over from when production halted.

As some real world examples. 12A nosecone top trim centre sections were NLA in 1990, but the corner pieces are still available today. Get the idea? There seems no rhyme or reason to it. Front bars were still available at that time for about $200, but they couldn't guarantee me that they were correct RX-3 bars with the cutout, or if they superseded to 808 bars without. Being a non-returnable part on special order I chose not to take the risk. One of my silliest mistakes was going into Penfold Mazda in 1990 to get dashboard parts. The only part still available at that time was the "Rotary Engine" plaque for the lower chin, so I bought one at $11.50. The counter staff suggested to me that they were now out of production, and if I wanted I could buy all 15 that were still available Australia wide. I asked him "Why would I want 15 of them?" #-o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

Savannarx3 wrote:
There is no simple answer for that question. Different parts stop being made when the order demand for them stops. Certain parts are known in the trade as "high moving parts" and these usually include front and, to a lesser extent, rear end parts, as they commonly require replacement after an accident, as well as parts that commonly fail in normal usage conditions. Some slow moving parts might finish production, but have stock languishing on the shelves for years before they sell out. But, your example of the air cleaner bracket was probably never sold aftermarket. I can't think of a single instance that would have involved needing one before restoration became a real part of the car's life, many years after they were built. Mazda just wouldn't have kept them in production. I would suggest that the only stock of a part like that that made it to the spare parts shelf would have been regular production parts left over from when production halted.

As some real world examples. 12A nosecone top trim centre sections were NLA in 1990, but the corner pieces are still available today. Get the idea? There seems no rhyme or reason to it. Front bars were still available at that time for about $200, but they couldn't guarantee me that they were correct RX-3 bars with the cutout, or if they superseded to 808 bars without. Being a non-returnable part on special order I chose not to take the risk. One of my silliest mistakes was going into Penfold Mazda in 1990 to get dashboard parts. The only part still available at that time was the "Rotary Engine" plaque for the lower chin, so I bought one at $11.50. The counter staff suggested to me that they were now out of production, and if I wanted I could buy all 15 that were still available Australia wide. I asked him "Why would I want 15 of them?" #-o

Wow, so i am an idiot :lol: :oops: 8) Dom that is a pretty dam good reply. I supose it was anything goes and possibly if mazda knew there was going to be such a demand they may have looked at things differently. I also suppose that goes for all of us, if only #-o #-o. Do you think that the RX3 parts will be reproduced to the same extent as the ford GT or similar cars??? we are starting to see alot of stuff coming out on the market, but then what is the quaity like.

I can say that i have learnt alot from this site with all the collective information and its guys like yourself that have been the reason. Thanks again Dom and lets hope a blue coupe is seen on the streets.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm 
Registered Rotor User

This chapter deals with the normal maintenance necessary, the Mazda is properly run. It contains summaries of the service intervals and procedures in a tabular format. Table 1 contains vehicles; 1971-73 Table 2 includes, 1974. The recommended service plans list easily checks that are performed at every stop for gas and those that are done at specified intervals mileage or time. The last part of the chapter contains a tune process simplified and organized the process.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

Hi as a new user of Ausrotary and an RX3 owner since 1984 i have read through most of the threads that are RX3 associated, meaning all threads to do with the RX3. The information that i have found and many would agree has been priceless. I know that i have posted before for the most original RX3 (Factory looking) in Australia. Seeing as this thread (Mazda RX3 1971-1977) has probably (maybe i am wrong) reached its full potential, would it be fair to say that it would be a good idea to also add original looking RX3's to it with the only mods being rims (no greater than 15") and minor engine mods the more standard the better, for example my best (restored and not restored) comes down to 2 cars (i hope this starts it up again and gets people going) either Rotary Lover or Mazda Enthusiest but then again.............there is.................i think it would complement this thread but its cool if does not...i will leave it to the guys that have bragging rights

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm 
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

Does anyone have any information on this topic?

jr100 wrote:
Does anyone know what the different numbers are for on these RX3 Chassis ADR Plate (7-1 or 8-4)???

And which would be correct for a 12/72 ? Any help would be great!

Cheers, John

jr100 wrote:
So I've found another 12/72 RX3 sedan and it has the (7-1) tag, anyone have different to this?

Cheers, John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next