All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Information in this forum is not guaranteed to be complete or correct. If you are able to provide additional information or corrections, please reply in the topic concerned or send a private message to the topic originator.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Offline
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:54 pm
Posts: 7616
Location: Working. Rotor now in vision
why the fuck would someone throw the origional tools out, what a complete fuckhead.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: R100 tool bags
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 am 
Offline
Get a Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:43 am
Posts: 2307
Location: Melbourne - northside
*excuse thread resurrection*

Noticed on my Dad's tool bag from his R100 the numbers '0820' on the bottom corner, which kinda makes sense given the model of 10A that was in the car having the same number.

Found another tool bag at a wrecker's this week that had '0259' on it in the same spot, and after doing a search seem that's a pretty common RX2 part number for all sorts of odds and ends...

But maybe it WAS completely random which bag went in which car when they were fitting them out?

Anyone else got any more words? Mo maybe?

- Adam

_________________
My Build Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: R100 tool bags
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:54 pm 
Offline
Registered Rotor User

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:53 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Qld
shoggothe wrote:
*excuse thread resurrection*

Noticed on my Dad's tool bag from his R100 the numbers '0820' on the bottom corner, which kinda makes sense given the model of 10A that was in the car having the same number.

Found another tool bag at a wrecker's this week that had '0259' on it in the same spot, and after doing a search seem that's a pretty common RX2 part number for all sorts of odds and ends...

But maybe it WAS completely random which bag went in which car when they were fitting them out?

Anyone else got any more words? Mo maybe?

- Adam


From my experience the colour of the tool bag is totally random except for the two handled bag which I've only ever seen in the grey colour. I'd say the Mazda tool bag supplier made batches of these bags with a vinyl fabric & then once that fabric was used up another colour fabric was used etc.

The 4 digit number screen printed on the tool bags I think are suppose to correspond to the model of Mazda. However in my opinion & experience I think that the staff carrying out the PDI's (pre delivery inspections) on the cars (at which time the tool bags were likely fitted to the trunk/boots) didn't care if the correct numbered bag were fitted to the correct model of Mazda.

That is a Aussie series II RX3 sedan should have a bag screen printed with the number "1128" but it more than likely had a tool bag with the number "0839" which is meant for a RX2 coupe.

ie.
0223 = 66-73 1500 sedan
0259 = 67-70 1000 sedan
0305 = 69-71 616 sedan
0459 = 75-79 808 sedan
0518 = 75-78 808 wagon
0820 = 67-73 R100 coupe
0839 = 69-71 RX2 coupe
1128 = 72-74 RX3 sedan
8118 = 77-79 929 coupe

Hope that helps or does it make the confusion worse?

PS from an earlier post - I just can't believe anyone would bin original tools ?? seems crazy !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm 
Offline
Get a Life

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:51 am
Posts: 3983
Tool bags were fitted to the cars in Japan not by the dealer in Australia.So number on bag would belong to each type of car


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 am 
Offline
The Bug Has Bitten
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am
Posts: 382
my RX3 has a silver/grey 0839 tool bag with it, genuine unmolestered car so no reason to doubt thats what was in it when it left the factory
so looks like the 0839 found its way into a few models


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm 
Offline
Long-time RX-addict

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:47 am
Posts: 5042
Location: Sydney
Flat Black wrote:
my RX3 has a silver/grey 0839 tool bag with it, genuine unmolestered car so no reason to doubt thats what was in it when it left the factory
so looks like the 0839 found its way into a few models



Ditto in my car and it was UK delivered.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 pm 
Offline
Uber Post Whore

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:40 am
Posts: 10000
Location: :noitacaL
I've found little grey "purse" style bags with the two handles in Capellas AND black bags with 0259 on them. Both were early series I/II piston Capellas. I've also found 0259s in both late and early cars.

Has anyone got a full set of tools? I've got a tyre iron with the little Mazda "M" stamped on it.

_________________
Goodbye, good luck and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:57 pm 
Offline
Get a Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:43 am
Posts: 2307
Location: Melbourne - northside
I've got a couple of the tyre-irons too, plus a sparkplug-socket, wheel chocks, reversible screwdriver, 3x spanners, touch up paint and plug-in worklight

Be VERY interested in finding out what a full complement of tools actually consisted of!

:)

_________________
My Build Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm 
Offline
Boost Me Up
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Hornsby, SYD
this is what is in my 808.

Image

_________________
1986 FC RX7 - 13b bridgeport - 3/9/09 - 5/10/10 - sold
1974 808 Sedan (12A) - 5/4/10 - sold
Now own S6 FD3S (00ROTA) - 13BEP T04S/56 equipped


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 am 
Offline
Weekend Cruiser

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 58
Location: Brisbane
shoggothe wrote:
I've got a couple of the tyre-irons too, plus a sparkplug-socket, wheel chocks, reversible screwdriver, 3x spanners, touch up paint and plug-in worklight

Be VERY interested in finding out what a full complement of tools actually consisted of!

:)

Hi my:
- Qld city sold Iris Blue RX3 sedan has a maroon tool bag with 1128 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.
- ACT sold Concorde Silver RX3 sedan has a black bag with 0305 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.
- NSW country sold Sunbeam Silver 808 wagon has a black bag with 0518 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.

All of the tool bags have these identical items in common:
- short reversible black handled screwdriver
- 10mm/12mm spanner with NEON embossed
- 14mm/17mm spanner with NEON embossed
- 19mm/21mm spanner (I think that this replaced the shifting spanner from 1972.)
- 2 position pliers
- short spark plug socket (tube and slide-in handle) (the 808 has a longer one of these)
- "m" logo wheel lug wrench
- 2 blue fold up wheel chocks

_________________
Iris Blue (F3) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 3sp 106,500klm (Apr '92)
Concorde Silver (D6) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 4sp 57,639klm (Nov '06)
Earth Green (EU) '73 RX3 Coupe 10A 4sp 153,495mls (Oct '07)
Sunbeam Silver (K3) '78 808 Wagon 1.6L 4sp 54,021klm (Sep '08)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 am 
Offline
Uber Post Whore

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:40 am
Posts: 10000
Location: :noitacaL
I'm pretty sure that the R100 was the only one in Australia that came with an inspection light in the tool kit.

I tried to bid on one on ebay a few years ago but it went for a very high price.

_________________
Goodbye, good luck and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:55 am 
Offline
The Bug Has Bitten
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am
Posts: 382
Mazda.Enthusiast wrote:
shoggothe wrote:
I've got a couple of the tyre-irons too, plus a sparkplug-socket, wheel chocks, reversible screwdriver, 3x spanners, touch up paint and plug-in worklight

Be VERY interested in finding out what a full complement of tools actually consisted of!

:)

Hi my:
- Qld city sold Iris Blue RX3 sedan has a maroon tool bag with 1128 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.
- ACT sold Concorde Silver RX3 sedan has a black bag with 0305 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.
- NSW country sold Sunbeam Silver 808 wagon has a black bag with 0518 screen printed in white and brown material tie off string/rope. It has a full compliment of tools. I believe this to be the original tool bag supplied with the car when sold new.

All of the tool bags have these identical items in common:
- short reversible black handled screwdriver
- 10mm/12mm spanner with NEON embossed
- 14mm/17mm spanner with NEON embossed
- 19mm/21mm spanner (I think that this replaced the shifting spanner from 1972.)
- 2 position pliers
- short spark plug socket (tube and slide-in handle) (the 808 has a longer one of these)
- "m" logo wheel lug wrench
- 2 blue fold up wheel chocks


Have you got some pics of the contents of one of the tool bags layed out ?
mine is'nt as complete as your examples, i only have wheel chocks and wheel lug wrench only :(

cheers
Darren


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm 
Offline
Boost Me Up
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Hornsby, SYD
yes, would also love some pics of complete kits.

_________________
1986 FC RX7 - 13b bridgeport - 3/9/09 - 5/10/10 - sold
1974 808 Sedan (12A) - 5/4/10 - sold
Now own S6 FD3S (00ROTA) - 13BEP T04S/56 equipped


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Offline
Weekend Cruiser

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 58
Location: Brisbane
StaTiK wrote:
yes, would also love some pics of complete kits.


To "Flat Black" and "StaTiK"

I'll try & see what I can do.

_________________
Iris Blue (F3) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 3sp 106,500klm (Apr '92)
Concorde Silver (D6) '74 RX3 Sedan 12A 4sp 57,639klm (Nov '06)
Earth Green (EU) '73 RX3 Coupe 10A 4sp 153,495mls (Oct '07)
Sunbeam Silver (K3) '78 808 Wagon 1.6L 4sp 54,021klm (Sep '08)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tool bags plap numbers picks up
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 am 
Offline
Epitrochoid Shaped Head

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:58 pm
Posts: 1872
[quote][/quote]0259 seems generic, many of my mazdas had that number on their respective tool kit bags.



I think the 0259 bag No was used on alot of mazda,s i think the colour of the bag made a difference, on my R100 jack it has the 0259 No and my bag is the grey colour bag with the 0259 and have seen the same in alot of r100 brochures


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group