All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2000 rx7 fd 13b help please!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:22 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Hey guys sorry as it shows I have 'no clue' haha and I hope I am posting in the right but.

So yea I have a 2000 rx7 13b. Has 110 on it.

Randomly a few months ago it developed this problem and it's got to the point it happens every start now I'll explain what's happening just thought i would get that bit out the way.

So when I start the car and drive off, as soon as I get to 2000/2500 revs the car almost feels like it's dying and I get no power. Just before the turbo would move off the -4 to 0 on the gauge. No matter what gear I am in it gets to there and I lose power and the exhaust pops a little. When I pull over and turn the car on and off, or drive in second, turn the ignition on and off and drop the clutch to start it, it goes back to being perfect. Turbo kicks in fine and it flies. But as soon as I turn it off, even on a servo run, I have to do this again. It almost feels like as soon as the turbo would start trying to work it dies in the ass. I liken it to the same feeling as when the fuel pump went on my 180(but at least I could power through that).

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Or any suggestions? Someone has mentioned solenoids or maybe a computer management problem but I don't know how just roll starting a car would 'fix' a comp issue.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 2000 rx7 fd 13b help please!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:55 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Turns out as well the first turbo isn't kicking in or doing anything really. It gets barely above the 0 line on the dash and not till 4500/5000 does the second turbo kick in.

Profile E-mail